FAVOURITES #1 // 2017

I've got a looooooot of favourites lined up because it's been a while since my last favourites post. I did a little reflecting on t...

I've got a looooooot of favourites lined up because it's been a while since my last favourites post. I did a little reflecting on the past few months and narrowed down the things I've been obsessed with the most. It was really hard to select only a few, so I can assure you that I will most likely have another favourites post coming up soon.



Zara - Leather Jacket
It was a very sad day when I lost my favourite Topshop leather jacket, forcing me to search for a brand new one. Leather jackets are my absolute favourite closet staple, so you can imagine how devastated I was when I lost it. This one I found from Zara was the perfect replacement because the biker style instantly makes any outfit look effortless and it can be worn with absolutely anything. Let's just hope I don't lose this one as well...

BB Dakota - Rennie Faux Fur Vest
This next favourite was a Black Friday purchase and it's already become one of my most worn winter wardrobe items. Vests like this are perfect for Canadian winters because it adds an extra layer of warmth, but the lack of sleeves ensures that your arms aren't too thick to fit inside your winter jackets (trust me with this one, the struggle is real). I also really like how the back of the vest is a knit material instead of also being faux fur, which makes the fit slightly less bulky.


Let's put it this way: if I had to throw away all my booties and just keep one pair - I would pick these ones, without a second thought. I purchased these from the & Other Stories on Regent Street in London and I'm almost certain that is was one of the best purchases I've ever made. Just like a leather jacket, a pair of killer booties is another closet staple that amplifies any outfit and I honestly couldn't imagine my life without them.


If you've read my Style Tag, you would've already known that this was the bag I had been lusting over just half a year ago, so there's no surprise here, this bag is obviously getting a shout out. I love that the interior has multiple slots for cards and money, which makes it small but still functional. This bag actually has a lot of sentimental value to me because my amazing parents bought this for me as a graduation present, which makes me extremely grateful for it and even more so for them! Dreams do come true people!!


Truthfully, the main reason I really needed to make a favourites post is because of this product. A few months ago, I got my hair done at a salon called Le Petit Salon with a hairdresser named Bailey (Bailey is a favourite too - this woman is talented). She recommended this purple shampoo and conditioner for ashy-coloured hair and it truly prevents my hair from going yellow/orange, unlike other ones I've tried. Although the shampoo is nothing too special for me, the conditioner is something I will swear by for as long as I live. I can't wait to visit Bailey again! Check out her Instagram here.

Too Faced - Better than Sex Mascara
I am very late hopping on this train, but for the longest time I could not justify buying mascara for $30.00, seeing as mascara is supposed to only last three months. Thanks to the Sephora VIB sale, I decided it was worth a shot and proceeded to fall very much in love with it. This mascara thickens my lashes in two swipes, which also means that getting ready takes way less time every morning. Will I re-purchase this every 3 months? Unlikely. But I will definitely restock at the next VIB sale!

Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails Nail Polish in Tough Taupe (560)
My nail polish collection is unnecessarily large for someone who doesn't use them all that often, so it's typical for me to forget about colours I already own. I found this one in my collection on New Year's Eve and decided to use it for the first time in years. I think the reason I haven't used it in so long is because the colour seems pretty dull in the bottle, but it's a totally different story once it's on your nails! Not only is it still in surprisingly good condition, but the colour is perfect for the Winter season.

TV - Black Mirror Season 3
My good friend recommended this show to Tiff, so we decided to try it out together and I'm glad we did. The point of the show is to demonstrate the impact of technology on modern society, which really puts into perspective how much it controls our every day lives. Every episode is unrelated to one another, individually containing it's own story, characters and slightly terrifying truth about how technology shapes our world. I'd really recommend this show if you enjoy fucked up, emotionally draining, makes-you-think type of shows, which are my favourite! (Not sure what that says about my personality though...) I can't wait to go back and watch the first two seasons as well!

Music - "Hope" by The First Station
Another favourites post means another deep house track for you! I love how there's a little mix of everything in this song - chill vocals, deep house beats, and a very subtle hint of trap? Yes please. I've been practicing some shuffling to this song for a while now and it is always one of my favourite tracks to get down to.

Music - "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran
I don't think there's ever been an Ed Sheeran song I haven't loved, and with the release of his new song, Shape of You, he's really outdone himself. This song has been on repeat since its release and it's still impossible for me not to dance and sing along. It's that type of track that will never grow old. You are a musical God, Ed Sheeran.


PINK - Duffel Bag
After bringing this bag to Europe with me as my carry-on and also using it as my gym bag, this bag has become a necessity for me - for travel and for fitness! It's small enough that it's not cumbersome to carry but big enough to fit all my required belongings. It also serves as a "shove everything inside and go" bag whenever I have a lot of crap to bring to a friend's place. I never really pictured a duffel bag being a necessity, but now that I've used this one multiple times, there's no way I could survive without it!

Hip Hop Classes
I stepped out of my comfort zone this year and enrolled into adult hip hop classes. My only experience with dance was from two to three years of classes when I was younger and playing Just Dance on the Wii (that totally counts, ok). I've always wanted to be a dancer, I just never pursued it and I definitely regret it. A friend and I decided to finally sign up for a session and it has been so much fun to let loose and a great alternative for cardio, especially since I hate running. I really suggest that if you are hesitant about trying something, you should challenge yourself and go for it!


Macbook Pro and Marble Case
Back in August I finally purchased a brand new MacBook and upgraded from the 13-inch to the 15-inch, and let me tell ya, best decision I've ever made. Now that I'm out of school, lugging around a laptop is no longer a worry for me, so I was more than ready to invest in the larger sized MacBook. My old laptop was pretty beat up from hauling it to school every day, so I made sure to also purchase a cover this time. I got this blue marble one from Urban Outfitters (no longer available) and if you know me, you would know how in love I am with marbled anything.

What were you favourites of the past few months? Do you have any suggestions for what products/shows I should try out? Let me know in the comments below!

Love, Lo xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images