SWEATER WEATHER // OOTD

Tiff and I stopped by Miller's Farm & Market in Manotick to pick out some pumpkins and it wouldn't be a Tifflo outing without a...

Tiff and I stopped by Miller's Farm & Market in Manotick to pick out some pumpkins and it wouldn't be a Tifflo outing without a photoshoot, of course. It is safe to say that the Fall season is always associated with the coziest knit sweaters or cardigans such as the one I'm wearing but ironically enough, it was most definitely not a sweater weather type of day. Especially here in Ottawa, warm weather this late into October is an unusual thing. But don't get me wrong, I loved experiencing one last taste of Summer before the real Canadian weather hits.


In fact, it was almost a little too hot. With a high of  22 degrees, it was such a beautiful day to search for the perfect pumpkin. Although I have been anticipating the day that my knitwear makes its debut again, I only had my layers on for a few photos before I couldn't handle the heat any longer. If definitely didn't help having to lug around a fat pumpkin in the blazing sun. Regardless, we must have had a lot of fun, seeing as we ended up spending almost three hours there.


This OOTD is brought to you by the "Basic Bitch Fall Essentials Club". Did you say flannel? Thigh-high boots? Beanie? I am a proud member of this club and I am here to whole-heartedly embrace my inner basic bitch. Everything you see here in this outfit are all items that I can not live without. Therefore, not only is this an OOTD, but consider it my guide of Fall essentials that I believe everyone needs to have in their closet.

Let's start with this cardigan that I recently found at Zara. I know that thick wool cardigans seem like an obvious must-have but more specifically, find one that has an oversized fit, so that it allows you to layer underneath it for additional warmth. I love that the sleeves are super wide so it can even fit another chunky sweater, because nothing is worse than becoming a real life Michelin man with immobile arms. This cardigan is also available in gray and olive green, so I highly recommend it! I know that I will be wearing this cardigan well throughout Winter too.


Underneath the cardigan, I threw on a mesh t-shirt that I haven't stopped wearing since I got it a few months ago. Whenever I don't know what to wear, this is always the top that I reach for. I love that the mesh adds a twist to a regular, classic black t-shirt so not only is it timeless, but also versatile. On warmer days, you can wear it with only a bralette/bandeau if you're opting for a more scandalous look or on cooler days, simply pair it with other layers as I did here.


I've got to admit - my flannel addiction is completely out of control. I have one entire dresser drawer designated to only my flannels. They are such a staple piece and they come in so many materials, colours and sizes, so it's always been easy for me to make excuses by saying: "I don't own a flannel like this one yet." I purchased this one because of the dark green that really encapsulates those fall vibes, and it's soft and warm all at once. Tip: I often size up in my flannels because the baggier the fit, the better.

As soon as summer is over, I also always get excited to bring out the leather, such as this skirt or leather leggings, jackets, booties and so on. Once again, a simple black skirt like this is a classic, so I know I'll be able to wear it for years to come. Plus it's faux leather and stretchy enough that it is very comfortable!


Last but not least, what's a basic bitch outfit without some basic accessories? Chokers have been all the rage in 2016 and I'm hoping they stick around for a long time. A small, dainty choker isn't only a Fall essential but simply an accessorizing staple in general. There are so many variations and styles of chokers now, but a simple faux suede or leather one is a cute touch to any outfit that you've got to own.

A good beanie is definitely another obvious Fall must-have. I bought this beanie a few years ago and it's still my favourite one. Not only are they trendy, but Beanie's are your friend - they help you out on those bad hair days or when you just can't be bothered to do your hair!

Lastly, I threw on these thigh-high boots which, if you don't own already, you're truly missing out. I believe that thigh-highs can instantly elevate a look and therefore, are always the first boots that I reach for. These ones are by Steve Madden and let me tell you: I've gone through my fair share of thigh-highs, but these one take the cake. They don't stretch out after many wears and are so affordable!


T-Shirt - Aritzia // Skirt - Aritzia // Flannel - Aritzia // Cardigan - Zara // Beanie - Topshop //
Choker - Urban Outfitters // Boots - Steve Madden // Crossbody - Kendall & Kylie


It was so much fun hunting for the perfect pumpkin. Next step: time to carve them! It was a small but busy farm and it felt extremely nostalgic seeing all the kids have fun getting into the Halloween spirit. As an adult, I still look forward to dressing up because I am always a kid at heart. Let me know what you are being for Halloween this year in the comment's below, I'd love to hear what your costume is! Hope you have a safe and spooky Halloween!

Photos by Tiff

Love, Lo xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the layered look of your OOTD! Your black mesh T-shirt and black faux-leather miniskirt look fabulous layered under the dark green flannel shirt and long white cardigan. I didn't get my costume together in time for this last Halloween but hope I do next year. I hope you have a very happy year 2018!!!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images