DO IT FUR LOVE // OOTD

Happy February! If you read my Boxing Day 2016 Haul post, you would've seen this Billabong "Do it Fur Love" Coat that I f...

Happy February!

If you read my Boxing Day 2016 Haul post, you would've seen this Billabong "Do it Fur Love" Coat that I found at Nordstrom. I had been searching for a fur coat for a few months prior to purchasing this one and I was reluctant to get it, simply because I felt like I couldn't pull it off. I bought it regardless, trying to step out of my comfort zone and next thing you know I never want to take it off... now here I am dedicating a whole blog post to it!


On this day, my sister and I went downtown to try out some hot beverages at Sweet Jesus. Since it's the middle of Winter, we still have yet to try the ice cream, but we definitely enjoyed the S'mores hot chocolate (with an espresso shot!) and the latte. Unfortunately it's a very small place so I can imagine how crowded it gets in the Summer, but I absolutely loved the vibes inside - not to mention the killer punk/rock throwbacks they played. After all, the name "andcrashx" was born back in the day when all I listened to was Panic! @ the Disco and Fall Out Boy on repeat.

Fun fact: the name "andcrashx" was first used for my piczo website about 11 years ago!



It was really cold that night, but thankfully this coat is as warm (and freaking soft) as it looks. I paired it with an all-black ensemble because I love letting the subtle mauve/taupe colour of the jacket stand out. I also love that the colour is still neutral enough that you're not limited as to what you can wear it with. Although this coat could be considered more of a statement piece, it’s still extremely versatile and pairs beautifully with practically any outfit. Funnily enough, I almost put the coat back on the rack after trying it on, but I tried it on again several more times before deciding to keep it. I’m really happy I did because now I absolutely love it!


Can we talk about how cool these sunglasses are? They were a Christmas gift from my boyfriend and I think they are officially the coolest ones I own. I’ve wanted to own a pair of Quay sunglasses for a while now, but only recently discovered that Nordstrom was selling them. I found these ones and fell in love with the pink/yellow/green reflective lenses and also how they're super thin and lightweight. The reflective lens trend is one of my favourites because the small, simple detail truly transforms a simple/basic outfit into something waaaay more badass. 


To no one’s surprise, I wore these & Other Stories booties that I mentioned in my most recent favourites post. Probably wasn't the best day to wear them as it’s been super snowy/icy lately, but I knew they’d be a perfect fit for this outfit. I wore these extremely distressed jeans by Frame, a black Wilfred toque and Babaton turtleneck, which are all from Aritzia. Lastly, the final touch: my YSL Wallet on a Chain that I hardly ever leave the house without.


Billabong Coat - Nordstrom // Chelsea Booties - & Other Stories // Frame Jeans - Aritzia //
Babaton Turtleneck - Aritzia //  Wilfred Toque - Aritzia // Reflective Sunglasses - Quay

Although Fall/Winter fashion is my favourite, I am more than ready for the snow to disappear. We are half way through Winter so let’s hope the rest goes by quickly. Stay warm!

Love, Lo xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Are you kidding? My girl can pull off anything!! This outfit seriously makes me wish I could curl up in your arms. Soooo cozy-looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patiently waiting for you to come cuddle me!!!

      Delete

Flickr Images